Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Major Life Change:

A major part of my life will change on Friday. For the first time since I was in second grade, and perhaps even before, I will be able to see without glasses. I will be having LASIK on Friday AM. I’m really really excited, but also a bit scared. After all, they are my eyeballs. I only have one set, and there are no returns or exchanges on this sort of thing. Still, the notion of waking up and being able to see without reaching for glasses or putting in my contacts has been a dream of mine for at least 5 years. I knew I was a good candidate for LASIK, just didn’t have the money. My reward for working 6 months (exactly today) at a full time job is a refurbished set of eyes.

So, if I see you this weekend, it will be truly seeing with my own eyes for the first time in years. Wish me luck, and if you can, send a bit of courage my way!

No comments: