Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A major step.

I’ve talked about my search for a home before on this blog. I’ve talked about some of the motivating factors in my moving sooner rather than later (i.e. my downstairs neighbors). I’ve talked about the many houses I’ve looked at. Sometimes on here, but mostly just to people. I’ve been in over 50 homes with open houses and showings. I’ve looked at over 1000 listings. (Whew!) I found a house I like, and this time I’m not going to just sit and watch it. I have talked with some mortgage people and gotten good faith estimates for this house. I’ve talked to people who have lived/live in and around the area. I’ve done online research on house values in the area and appreciation in the last few years. I’ve done the homework.

Today, I did something I have not done before. I wrote an offer. Rather, to be more precise, my realtor wrote the offer and I signed my name and initials upwards of 25 times. Sheesh. It took about a half hour to write the offer. I then sent it off to be looked at by a professional (read lawyer). I got word is was good, with a few small changes, and then I gave the realtor the OK to send it.

I heard back about 30 min later that the selling realtor is occupied this evening with family, but will present the offer to the sellers first thing in the morning. They will have 1 day to tell me if they will, reject, accept, or counter. Then it will be my turn. If the reject….it wasn’t meant to be and I will go back to looking. If they accept…!!!!! IF! Whee! If they counter – which is the most likely, then I will have to gamble and see how much more they are willing to give.
All in all I’m nervous and excited and not going to be able to sleep a wink tonight. I am drinking some wine to help me out with this. Also I did some work at home, and laundry. All sleepy activities. Good night, and wish me luck.

No comments: