Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brrrrr

And we're back to either it's snowing, or it's below zero, or it's trying to do both very hard at the same time. There was a small reprieve near the beginning of the year and I thought both with happiness and sadness, 'oh, here comes the January Thaw'. Nope. BRRRRRR. I was happy about the small warm up, and even happier that it didn't melt all my pretty white snow. We didn't get mulch down in the gardens this year, and the snow came early and stayed - the best mulch ever. No as long as it melts and then stays warm, I should have very happy flower beds and soil.

Ooh, tea. I made tea and almost forgot! Ahhhh, wonderful warm tea.

An update regarding resolutions. I'm over 2 weeks into the new year and going strong! Thankfully, those who attend the Y have all decided which time they will now be going, and as they stick with it or drop out, the mad rush during 'my' Y time seems to have diminished. The parking lot is still full, but I'm able to get my run in without too much trouble. And run I do. I am on Week 4 of the couch to 5K running program. I have been doing this for 2 months. It takes longer than 1 week of workouts for me to move up a level. Asthma, and all that. Still, I've done the workout for week 4 2 times now, and it was easier the second time. Not easy - no! My teeth went numb about 2/3 through this time, instead of 1/2. (When my teeth go numb, or start to tingle like I've put them to sleep, I know I've gotten my heartrate up a bit too high....don't laugh, it's a good warning sign that I have to slow down.) I will do this one at least 2 more times before I move on to week 5. That has 3 different workouts and I'll be baced with the choice of how many times to do each before moving up and on. I ran last night, so tonight I'll climb. Tomorrow I'll run before broomball if I have time - I don't know when our game is. Thursday I haven't decided what I'll do (Thursdays somehow have become a rest day, it may be again). So far this new year I'm averaging 4 days a week of activity in 7. Over half. I'd like to have that up to 5 of 7 by the end of the year. We'll see how I do.

My desk, it's dirty. I'm going to have to clean it before I leave tonight. But it's at least an organized messy. Yup. I have piles. Piles have Post-It labels on them. There is the "to Do" "to file" "to find a file to put in then file" "Figure out what in the world to do with" and even a "find the time to recycle".

So, I'm back to those piles now. Also if anyone finds a missing Y pass that I think I dropped in the snow yesterday after using it to check myself in, please let me know. I have no idea where it went. Borrowed by Yeti's I spose!

No comments: