Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Busy Busy

It has been one busy week. Last Thursday Rachel came to town to pick up the plants I’d been watching (they have a tendency to run away without careful supervision) and to visit people here in the Twin Cities. We have had great fun; playing chess, going to the zoo, watching movies, going canoeing, and playing Frisbee. We went to the farmer’s market Saturday morning and found some chocolate raspberry sauce that is so very nice. We decided that it would make a good topping for some nice, thick brownies. We were right. The brownies are gone now (sadness abounds, and I’m thinking that only another bake-fest will alleviate the problem) but there is still some sauce left. I started house- and dog-sitting for a coworker yesterday. Rachel got the joys of spending the night up there, since I can’t just leave them alone all night.

Puppies have the energy of 50 two-year-olds combined. I feel like I’m being run ragged, and it’s only been one day. I should be there through the weekend, though the exact end date is undetermined right now. Addy, the older dog, I’ve ‘sat’ before; she’s the sweetest, calmest, dog anyone could ask for. If they both had the energy of Dylan, the puppy, I’d be done for.

I’ve almost finished my online classes. Management is completely done, and I’m one quiz and one final away from finishing my Epidemiology class. With those completed, I’ll have two weeks off before fall semester. Fall semester I’m taking Environmental Chemistry, Social and Behavioral Science and Biostatical Methods I. I’ll also take my field experience credits then. I’m taking biostats online, so I’ll only have to go to class T/Th from 11:15-2:40. Not a bad schedule at all.

Those two weeks off coincide with the State Fair. Yes, those two weeks that are the “great Minnesota get-together” are also my two weeks of “get off my lawn! Stop blowing off fireworks when I’m trying to sleep! Could it get any dustier? Why are there so many people ALWAYS? Traffic Sucks!” The fiar is a great idea, I’m sure…it just blows that I live a block or so away from the fairgrounds. It means a free fireworks show every night, which is nice…but it’s also people and cars and dust and noise and tempers. I plan to go to WI for Labor Day to avoid the last, very chaotic, weekend of it. The rest of the time I’ll just have to deal. I went two years ago, and missed last year, so I may go this year. It depends on how much money I want to spend on entrance, food, and stuff. I may just go to the fair by association. I don’t need ________-on-a-stick anyway.

No comments: