Sunday, August 27, 2006

Nic e Suprise

Have I mentioned how much I dislike the fair? At least, I dislike living by it. I do like it. I enjoy the all you can drink milk, for example. Oh, and the baby animal barn. But living by the fair, that can suck. You get people parking in your lot (ie the two twits down there now), you get people littering on your lawn, you get to listen to the music - whether you want to or not, and it's dirty.

Still, there are good things. Fireworks everynight, seen from the balcony. The grandstand does have good shows. I went to one last Thursday. Great show - The Magic Numbers (who only got to play two songs because it monsooned adn their equipment was drenched), Sonic Youth, and the Flaming Lips. I would have enjoyed the show more, however, had I not lost my ID and bankcard right before the show. They fell out of my pocket while I was running through said monsoon. I thought they were gone forever, but I had a nice suprise.

I wonderful Minnesotan, or perhaps just a wonderful person, found my idea floating down the river/street, picked it up, and brought it to the gate. They contacted me, and I have it back. That is the extremely short version of the story, but hits the main point...someone brought it back. How great is that? I have to get a new bankcard, because the company put a hold on this one as I'd reported it had gone missing, but that is a minor inconvienence. Whee.

No comments: