Monday, November 20, 2006

1000+ miles in one weekend.

I can’t believe how tired I am today. Yet here I sit, taking my lunch break. I have been plugging away at work, though I got in a little later than I usually do. I have tonight’s plans all squared away, dinner, a couple of TV shows (House and Jericho from last week, recorded), and the book I’m going to pick up at the library tonight. I know the meal and recreation plan for tomorrow, and have a general idea about Wednesday. Thursday is Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday of the year. I have a 4 day weekend, and am able to sleep in on Thursday!!! I can’t wait.

This weekend I drove. Let me restate that, this weekend I rode along with Trevor as he drove to MO and we dropped his sister and niece off at their home. We left Saturday morning at 10:30 AM, drove the 500ish miles, spent the night, woke up Sunday and went to a few wineries and then drove the 500ish miles back to the cities. When we returned, we hung out with some of Trevor’s friends and I got to bed at midnightish.

This morning it was back to work. It was extremely hard to drag myself out of my warm, dark bed and into the harsh, cold light of dawn as I drove to work, but I did. I have the fact that this is a 3 days week to motivate me. I’ll be into work even earlier Tuesday, and at an insane hour on Wednesday so I can leave and go enjoy the 60 degree day. Golf or the Zoo, not sure which I’ll do, but I’m sure I’m going to have fun.

Happy Thanksgiving, and see some of you in GB

No comments: