Friday, July 20, 2007

Summer of Weddings

This weekend starts our summer of weddings. By our I mean Trevor and I, and by summer of weddings, I mean that between this weekend and mid September, we will be attending 5. I will be in 2. Two of my best friends, whom I've known since Kindergarten, will be getting married this summer. One this weekend, and one in early August. Another friend, who I met much later - college, will be getting married in September, ending the summer of weddings. In the middle, one of Trevor's friends will be wed, and one of his cousins. 5 weddings. All are people my age.

This weekend I will drive to Green Bay to stand by my friend's side as she says "I do" (or it's equivalent) to a man she loves. She has found a man that makes her happy, who challenges her, who cares for her, and who she can be both friend and lover with. I know all is not picture perfect (that would be boring anyway), but they do so very well together. The only caveat to this driving home for the weekend - I haven't packed yet. :P I'm in the process of making a list so I don't forget anything.

The next wedding happens a few weeks later up in NW Minnesota, a friend of Trev's that I haven't met yet, though I will know at least 2 other people at the wedding. The weekend after that we drive back to GB to the second wedding of a childhood friend. Now she is an adult friend with a child of her own and a man who loves her, and their son, with all his heart. A few weeks after that will be Trev's cousin's reception, and then my friend of college years will end the summer of weddings with her own.

It will be a whirlwind summer. I know it will be fun, exciting, emotional, crazy, and it will be sad to see it go. I will post more about the weddings after they happen. Right now I have to buckle down and finish up some work things, pack for the first wedding this summer, and finish my tea.

No comments: