Monday, August 04, 2008

Milestones...Mile Post

I did it! Today, I have done something I don't think I've ever done before. I have swam (swum?) one mile! I started with a 600 yard warm up. Then I did 10 50yd somethings that hurt...where you start by swimming slow but then speed up. then there were 400 kick-swim,swim-kicks. And a few other things in there...some practice backstroke (I think 200 yds of that) and some cool downs between...At any rate, I did one whole mile. I think I'll be sore tomorrow.

The scale is slowly acknowledging my hard work. this morning when I stepped onto it, it showed almost 6.5 lbs of progress. This changes, of course, day to day...but I've had over a week of showing better than 5lbs of progress...which is encouraging.

I also managed my 12 times to the y last month, even with being gone and occupied on some weekend days. I have been there 2 times so far, and it's the 4th. Tomorrow, at long last, I'll go back to the climbing gym.

The only problem with leading an active lifestyle, and working 9 hours a day, is that by the time I go to work, come home, make supper, clean up after supper, go to the gym, come home, have a glass of Kool-Aid, and read the news online, it's bedtime. This leaves no time for chatting with friends, cleaning my house, reading a book, etc. A bit troublesome...

I think the next step (although it will take probably til the end of the year) in this grand scheme of mine will be: find the balance. I'd write more on that tonight...but as you can see in above paragraph(s), I've done a lot today, and I'm beat. I am going to practice a side-step...called going-to-bed-at-a-reasonable-hour-and-having-a-full-night's-sleep. 8 hours of sleep?! Well, I might just get that, even! Goodnight, everyone.

No comments: