Monday, July 28, 2008

Memorial

This weekend was the memorial for my uncle, my dad's brother. It was a good time. "What?" you ask. A good time? How is a memorial a good time... It was a good time because it was a celebration of his life, and a bringing together of family. We shared stories, shed tears, drank a few beers (cept me, I don't like beer...I had 'real' soda instead). We made fire, and I went mini golfing with some of my cousins. I saw some relatives I haven't seen in perhaps 10 years, some I'd just seen for July 4th. All in all, a pleasant experience.

It was also a good time because I rode my motorcycle there and back. It took about 6 hours each way, but it was nice. The wind on my face (not in my hair because I had a helmet on), with time to just ride, reflect, think.

The only downside to the trip was the copious amounts of food. I always eat way too much when I'm home. I'll just have to work doubly hard this week to keep on track.

No comments: