Friday, July 18, 2008

Tornados and Monster Maples

I had a bad dream last night. It came in two parts. In the first part, I was at the electrical station - which is where I worked? but I could see a Tornado coming towards town. Apparently this place I worked was up on a hill. I watched the tornado destroy half the town, and half my plant, and then it went away.

Second part, I had to landscape my? house, but it wasn't where I live now. The front yard I had designed to be a gorgeous wildflower garden, with paths and arbors and such. I was going to put my turf in the backyard. But, when I got to the back yard, only a little turf was growing! There was giant maple tree back there, the trunk had to be 3 ft in diameter (yet you couldn't see it over the house...from the front) and the root system was all above ground and nothing would grow around it. And then, there was a small patch of grass just outside the patio that was overgrown.

What in the world?! Well...in the storm yesterday we lost power at our house for 2.5 hours during the day, and then again for 2.5 hours in the evening. And I'm taking a landscaping class. I see where the dreams came from, but wow! I woke up more tired than I went to bed. Not Cool.

No comments: