Monday, July 07, 2008

Fire!

It was Fourth of July this weekend. Most people shoot off fireworks, have cook outs, watch parades. We light big fires!

Here is Trev w/ the pile. He helped my dad, uncle, and cousins make it. He got to light it. He's an Eagle Scout. It took one match.

The fire really got going, and then the wind picked up. If you look below the major flames in this picture, you can see the grass starting to burn. That was A Bad Thing. Trev, my dad, my uncle, and I got shovels and started thwacking grass fires. (Don't worry, they were little smolders.)

After the first major burn, the fire settled down some. Here it is impersonating a fire bird or phoenix.

We saw many animals in the fire and coals that night. Turtles, an eel, an anaconda, a human hand and shoe (shoe not truely an animal), an aligator (who got cut in half), etc.

The fire was still burning the next day. Only a few ashes left. For those who missed it, don't worry...we have plenty of wood left.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

An alligator cut in half? I know of a little gold dragon that would be happy to see that...

Tricia said...

Hehehe...when I saw the alligator in the fire...well...I thought of her. I looked and looked for dragons, but they were nowhere to be found. Probably off in the lake fishing for herring.