Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Guess what I did?

Yesterday, I swam one whole 1000 yards without stopping. I finished the day at 1150 yards. (1/2 mile is 880 yds, so for all intents and purposes in a 25 yd pool, 900 yds, or 9 - 100s or 18 laps, 36 lengths. So, I managed to swim over 1/2 mile without stopping!!! I've gone more than this before, yardage - I mean. I've swam over 1 mile. But, this was always something like a 200 yd warmup, then some 100 yds of this thing, or 300 yds that thing. Breaks in between. Also, I swam yesterday freestyle. This is significant because I hate swimming freestyle. I like breaststroke. It's easier for me. So, I swam a long way, and in a stroke that is more 'acceptable' for such (read, if I ever want to do a triathalon). Yay!

The problem with this? Somewhere around 200 yds I started to get a headache. By 800 yds it was almost a migrane. I was stubborn. I kept going. By the time I was done w/ a 100 yd kickboard and a 50 cooldown, the headache was like whoa. By the time I finished my shower, I knew I couldn't drive home. Good thing Trev was with me. When I got home it was RIGHT into bed with me.

Today, the last day of the month, I also had to go to the Y (I'm good at procrastination!). Trev and I went and played b-ball for about 30 minutes on the way to the bookstore, and then home. Now, I'm watching the Twins play their 1 game playoff. (eep, eep, go Twins!!)

Also I finished the dayglow stoplight colored washcloth I was making. I ran out of yarn before I ran out of pattern, so it's a bit of a pentagon. Oh well, I love the colors and it's mostly done :D

Tomorrow, I'll try to go to the Y again, but I might not make it.

No comments: