Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Welcome Home!

Our birds have arrived. We picked them up last night, and brought them home. We played with them a bit and then let them rest in their new home. Today we took them to the birdie vet. They got a clean bill of health and their nails clipped. Here is a photo of them in their house.


Here is another photo. The pied likes going into the 'house' at the top. (he's the one w/ his tail out the cage).
Here is a close up of the pied, sitting on my finger, displaying his crest.

Here is a photo of the pearl, with a relaxed crest, on Trev's finger.

We haven't come up with names for them yet...working on it. They both know how to wolf-whistle, and to chitter, and they like doing that in the eveinings as it gets dark.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay for birdies! I shall have to visit sometime after they are settled.

Tricia said...

Indeed, and when they have names! I wish to socialize them to people while they are young, so the more people they meet, the better.

Jennifer said...

Chad said you cannot name them Lucifer or Steve McQueen since one of his co-workers is acquiring two dogs and those are the names picked out for them. (He wanted me to relay that to you for some reason.) I veto Seamus... that's the name I'm going to give my Newfie if I ever am allowed to get one.