Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Here, Mushroom Mushroom!"

This weekend I went home for a long weekend (Th - M) and then up to Door County. My brother was home from CO, and much fun was had by all. Some highlights:
  • Seeing my brother! It's been far too long. We hung out, made fire, played minigolf (I lost big time, but it was great fun!)
  • Fire! We had a bonfire Fri-Sun nights. Love bonfires. Saturday we had a bunch of people out for brats over the fire - which I cooked.
  • Morel Mushroom hunting. We 'caught' over 20! My little cousin Max, who will be 3 at the end of the summer, had particular fun calling 'here, mushroom Mushroom!" for them. He helped us find 3!
  • Taking pictures of the apple blossoms and the trilliums and the lady's slippers. Also finding the lady's slippers. It took 3 days of walking over and over and over the 20 acres my parents own, but eventually we found them! There were 6!!
  • Spending time with cousins; my cousins who live in IL were up and two of them, along w/ myself ran the 2 mile fun run at Maifest in Jacksonport.
  • Running the Maifest fun run. I hate running. Hate hate hate! But, I had a lot of fun w/ this one. Only 2 miles, and I finished below my goal time. I didn't win a thing, but it was fun to spend time w/ my cousins.
  • Relaxing. I needed a few days away from the frantic pace I've been living my life at. The only problem is - it's so hard to go back to 'real life'
  • Seeing Roommate. B and E came and spent the night last night, teaching me a new board game and showing me the pictures of their trips over the last few months. Great times!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What board game?
EV