Monday, June 08, 2009

Sleep

Sometimes, I push myself to hard. "Sometimes?" Ok, much of the time. This weekend the last few months caught up with me. I had zero energy. Saturday I managed to sleep til noon, go on a few errands, feel like crap, take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon, watch a movie,and then go to bed. Sunday, I felt a bit better...and we managed to make it to the Y to go swimming for about 1/2 of 1 mile. I also managed to do laundry and a few other household chores, but nothing like what I had wanted to accomplish....

Perhaps I need to be more realistic in what I can accomplish in one day? Nah! That would mean giving up the things I want to do so I can finish all the things I need to do. One has to have some fun. This weekend is 'shower' weekend with a baby shower one day and a bridal shower the other. So far - I have made my goal of going to the Y 3 days a week this month. Only one week in, but it's nice to have made the goal the first week. This week I'll try to go Tuesd/Thurs/one day this weekend.. I don't know if I'll go tonight - the pool felt so good yesterday. I think it will depend on timeing. I'm going to go to the batting cages after work and try to improve my softball swing.

Other things I should do this week:
  • Weed the garden(s)
  • Clean the office
  • make bread
  • grocery shop
  • prepare for the two showers
  • train the birds
  • the Y (3X)
  • Climb (1-2X)
  • sleep - goal is 7 hrs per night!
Oh, and study! I need to study and I need to finish my app for my certification exam! Crap, almost forgot that one.

No comments: