Friday, June 26, 2009

Lifting

The Y I attend has new weight machines, and they are very nice. I lifted in high school, took a recreational lifting after school program to learn the technique, but I haven't done much serious lifting since then. I'd do it now and again during college, and now, but with no serious frequency.

I really like these new weight machines though. They are Cybex brand, and grey/silver. I forget the model. They are more adjustable, and shiney (yes, this matters for some reason), and the free squat machine is set up such that I can't drop the weight forward on myself! I have now lifted on the new equipment twice in one week, and am enjoying getting back into lifting. Will this be a perminant addition to my workout routine? Don't know. But I do like their abs and hip ad/abductor machines as well as a good portion of the arm and leg torture - er- machines I've tried so far. I think I might try to keep up with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will join you if you start doing lifting. Let me know if you have a good data tracking sheet for that.

EV

Tricia said...

Right now I'm learning all the machines, but I do have one, somewhere...