Thursday, June 11, 2009

To Kick, or not To Kick

Tonight is Kickboxing (cardio variety) at the Y. I think it starts at 4:30. I told myself I'd go to the Y 3 times a week all month. So far, so good. Secondary goal was to 3 classes this month (w/ the theory that about 1 a week would be good). So, a good choice is to the Y with me for the 4:30 Kick class. The trouble, I'm tired, and it's nice out! Most of me wants a nap (this could be because I just had lunch). The rest of me wants to play outside, with my plants! So...I could compromise, go to the Y, but not to kick...run 2 miles or do 30 min on the eliptical stepper runner thing, and then get home and play outside! I could even go home and play outside, then go back and go swimming later....hrm - but I think I'll not do that option.


Likely I'll end up doing some form of the Y first, then home, then outside. The lawn needs mowing, the weeds need pulling, and I need a trip to Target and Menards too to get outside things. Maybe I need to consider waking up earlier (yuck) and going to the Y before work (yuck) so I can get home on some nights to do things around the house (yuck yuck getting up yuck). Maybe I shouldn't blog about excercise when I'm having the lunch tummy tireds!

Update on improving softball swing: My form is getting better, but I'm still hitting so-so. Last night (we won both games of the double header - yay) I had a good hit, a good but scooped hit, and a swinging bunt that I hit so hard it only went 2 feet before stopping. I made it to base OK. There was also a walk, and getting out once or twice. I scored a few runs. The weather was lovely. More batting cages need to happen!!

No comments: