Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wheels - Rolling for 26.2

Who's with me!? With me on what? The Northshore Inline Marathon, of course - who wants to skate it with me? 26.2 miles of gorgeous Nothern Minnesota scenery, skating away from Two Harbors towards Duluth, finishing by the DECC and that Big Boat, mostly following the Grandma's Marathon route.

The price goes up after July 31st, and I'm going to register before then...but if I know I'm skating with people and they have an approximate time/wave, I'll make sure we try to get in the same wave.

Whee! Skating again! It's been far too long since I've rollerbladed with any frequency. I miss circles around the lakes, and the gateway trail, and I miss my roller-partner. Perhaps she will also train and plan to do this event with me???

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

If I still owned a pair of inline skates, I would maybe be tempted. It's been years - perhaps a decade - since I've last been on skates. I'll have to pass skating, but maybe I can cheer at the finish line.

Karin said...

As your roller-partner, I will have to see if I can figure out how to do any training for said event. I missed the cheap deadline, but may still sign up. The puppy cannot skate with me yet, so that is something I need to still figure out.

Anonymous said...

How is the training going?
EV

Tricia said...

oof!
I need more time to train, I do! I think this will be more of a race - do than a race - win :P