Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Running and walking along

My workplace is offering some incentives for us to become healthier.  I am partaking in a few.  One is 'have dental exam, enter to win gift card'.  Easy enough, and check mark.  Another is a team challenge.  I am part of an 11 person team that will be walking, working out, and slimming our way down.  You can pick 1,2, or 3 of the challenges, and I chose walk msot steps and work out most minutes.  This starts in March, but there is no reason not to get started early.  So...away I go to the gym. 

I have begun working on my running again.  If Miss Karin and Mr. Nate are game, Trev and I will join them for a 5 mile run this spring near their Hometown.  If I'm going to run 5 miles this spring, I had better kick it into gear.  So, to the gym I go tonight, with my little music player, to do week three of Podrunner Intervals and see just how out of running shape I am.  I did the workout last night too, but night two is always the challenge. 

After the Y I will go home and make a healthy dinner, and then see if I have the motivation to do one of the 8,000 projects that sits there staring at me each night.  Maybe I can set a timer and work on something for just 30 minutes?

No comments: