Friday, September 27, 2002

Well,
People have been on me to update(katie), and I really should, since it's been over a two weeks since I wrote in here last. Let's see, what has happened that everyone should know about. I've been doing way more watching movies than I should when I have homework due. Everything from Monty Python to Ever After. I just think watching movies is far more desirable than doing stupid homework. My classes are going ok, if you like taking boring engineering classes (ok, before I have the world wide web crash down upon my head, i should say that the classes aren't all boring, after all, I'm choosing to do this career for the rest of my life...until I change it...but you have to admit, some profs can be a trifle boring.) I am really enjoying Limnology (the study of lakes), it's an ecology class, and the prof is this little old man with two hearing aides, and so much knowledge on the subject you think he must have learned some from osmosis. It's a bunch of reading, and the book is bland, but it's something besides equations for once. I have to take ANOTHER heat transfer class, I'm in it right now, and it's all a repeat of what I have done before. RAR! or so I say. The lab is even worse. It's a visual basic lab, which I realize could be minorly interesting, and important if she actually taught us the programing language instead of just saying, "here code this and I want it by this date". Grrrr. I can't believe it. oh well.

Another story...Deformable Body Mechanics. Has to be the worst night class ever invented. I seriously think there might be benifits to mind altering drugs when I sit through that class for the entire 2 hrs and 15 min. After all, If I don't know i'm there, I could at least handle it better. I've taking to writing poetry in there and drawing, just like my Bioprocess Engineering class last year. I know that is naughty of me, but I seriously can't handle the way that guy lectures. We had the 4th class in it this past tuesday, and we received the fourth syllabus. I'm thinking we're going to get one every time we go to that class. AHHHH. ANd it's a sophomore level class. I think I can handle it, but I ahve forgotten my basic Physics and Calculas and Statics and Dynamics that I need to have fresh in my mind for this one. GRRR. (can you see the frustration seething out of the web in little ones and zeros yet? If not...well, look harder, sometimes they move fast.)

What else can I complain about here? Since this seems to be a day of complaints? Well, I haven't been handed 1 million dollars by some random stranger yet. There's always that. How can I achieve my goal of becoming independently wealthy if noone hands me money. I can't work for it, that would defy reason. Also, I didn't get to sleep in this morning. Ok, enough of me complaining that the earth isn't perfectly round (or other such crazy nonsensical stuff). I need to get back to work...
Here's to thoughts of long nights of sleep~!

No comments: