Sunday, January 30, 2005

We are Alone

First off, Happy Birthday to Katie, my best friend and roomie. May her “older than dirt” year be as nice as mine has so far. I raise my glass to you, amiga! We had peeps over to celebrate last night, but that is a story for the Katie to tell.

Hm, my computer has taken to randomly assigning headings to my documents. Interesting. That is on a different note though, and only applicable because I’ve taken to typing my blog entries in word first so I don’t loose them to the vastness of space that is the WWW.

Also on a note not related to what I started writing this entry for – my title has put a song in my head. One I often hear at a certain club in town. The lyrics there are “I stand alone” rather than “we are alone”, but…damn. Now that song will be in my head all night.

The real reason for stating that we are alone is that Katie and I are now alone in the Green and Yellow House. Two’s tenants moved out this weekend, and One has been empty for quite a while. It’s odd, there are only two cars in the parking lot, and no one to say hi at when one enters the building. On the positive side, now Katie and I can play our music loud and dance around like idiots and not bother anyone.

We still haven’t made a 100% decision on moving to the second floor. If only the gas bill wasn’t so high. If he’s willing to wait, even a month or so, perhaps, but this place is cute and so no worries on losing out on two. The biggest advantage would be knowing who our neighbors are (if Katie were to move back up to 3 w/ me and Jenny in 2) but if we don’t know who our neighbors will be, I’d just as soon be on the top floor.

I’m not procrastinating nearly as bad so far this semester as I did last. Oh, I’m not necessarily finishing things the day after their given out, but at least I’m not (yet) into the habit of starting something the day it’s due, or the night before at 11PM. Go me! Here’s to hoping it lasts.
Well, I’d best be off. Katie and I have to put the recycling out and I have to floss my teeth and journal a bit before bed.

No comments: