Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Writing of a Dissertation

Today I was talking to a coworker about the probable topic of my Masters Dissertation. As this isn’t even remotely decided yet, I’ll not announce that topic. That one all depends on if funding goes through and if the research I’d do is ‘good enough’ to be considered the Original Research I need for said Thesis. But that got me to thinking of my other Dissertation, the one that some of you may remember reading almost 2 years ago. It started in 2002, with parts being added to it in 2003. The subject of this dissertation had nothing to do with Industrial Hygiene, or even the Engineering I was doing at the time. Nope, this dissertation was on a more…universal topic. This week I was reading a friend's journal, and the comments on that journal, and it inspired me to bring up a few points from said dissertation, and then to post it again.

I have a Live Journal, mostly so I can read other peoples “friends only” Live Journals, but I figured that was as good as any a place to post it. Then it occurred to me that only the people from Live Journal know that I have one, since I’ve never actually done anything with it. There are readers of this blog that didn’t read my other blog, which has since been archived and stopped. This dissertation was originally posted there. So, here is the link to my Live Journal and the first three parts, or chapters if you will, of my original dissertation, “Boys are Dumb: A Dissertation”

To the males that read this blog, please don’t be mad at me. I report the truth as I see it, and I welcome any and all comments, opinions, and proof that this dissertation reports falsehoods!

No comments: