Friday, February 25, 2005

Ah, the joy of moving.

I really do like the new place. I just wish I had some way to magically bob my blond hair or wiggle my nose and make the stuff from Three move to Two and go where I wanted it to without the pain and struggle of moving. I do mean pain, too. Yesterday I was moving some stuff in a crate downstairs (ok, I admit, I was doing it stocking feet) and I slipped on the step. It was classic feet out from under you; box in the lap, sliding down the stairs to the door. No one saw me, but I bet it looked pretty funny. I keep finding bruises today that emanate from that little debacle.

Still, organizing a new place is fun. I love deciding where things are going to go and Katie and I accomplished most of the kitchen and bathroom last night. The best part is, for at least a day (hopefully much, much longer) the place will be organized and we’ll be able to find things. Ok, we’ll be able to find things if we remember where we put them.

Tonight is the rest of the kitchen, the rest of the bathroom, small parts of the living room, and dining room, and small parts of our bedrooms. The bigger parts, things that are bulky and heavy, will be moved on Saturday. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we’ll have bribed some strong, tall, male (and/or female) determined types to help us with that endeavor. Anyone want free pizza?!? All you have to do is help us move bulky furniture (and put up with us moving it ten times as we decide where it fits “just right”).

Katie started putting up her window scarves yesterday, which makes me want a curtain or window scarf of my very own to design. I have nice blinds, but this time I want something more ‘homey’ for the room. I think I’ll, like Katie, actually hang some pictures this time. I want the place to look like home. Maybe we’ll go to a few garage sales this spring and see what else we can scare up for the place.

Anyway, I’ll be out of touch all weekend and probably through Tuesday. The nice cable man can’t come until then to change our cable. We’ll be hooked up upstairs still, but I doubt we’ll be running up the stairs every hour or so to check the email. So, wish me luck on the move, and hopefully I’ll manage not to fall down the stairs again. I’ll update and maybe add some pictures of the new place next week.

No comments: