Sunday, February 26, 2006

New Toys

I was a very bad girl this weekend. I bought manyt new toys. I can't help it. Sometimes, my penny-pinching ways go right out the window. It happens for many reasons, but this weekend was plain old stubbornness. I wanted a new toy. So there. Not that I was immature un uneducated about purchasing said new toys. The first I've been thinking about for at least 3 months...ever since I got my new phone. I decided that rather than buy an expensive MP3 player, I'd buy a card for my phone. It acts as an MP3 player of decent quality, plus I can then answer then phone when I want to. So that was toy number 1. Toy number 2. was new running shoes as I've worn out my old ones. Toy 3. was supposed to be superfeet for my new running shoes...

Toy number 3 ended up being a set of skate-style cross country skies, bindings, boots, and poles, with toy #4. being the superfeet insoles for my running shoes. Oh, and I got more socks. I'm such a sock snob.

Today I went out and played with my new skies. I skied only 3 miles on them, but it was enough for the first time out. Enough to realize that I may return the poles and get different ones if the other REI has the poles I need. I'm going to call them either Monday or Tuesday to find out. The ones I have are a bit too big in the basket for my hands, especially if I get different gloves for them. Still, I'm loving skiing - now if only we had some snow...

No comments: