Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Note to Self:

Self's body dislikes immensly the high fructose corn syrup.

I talked to a nutritionist at the end of the school year about eating healthy, etc. I mentioned my tummy ailments, and she mentioned that fructose can cause such things. Mostly when one is working out, if one has it, one gets tummy cramps. But for some people, like me, larger amounts of it when I'm not working out cause tummy cramps at night.

Why was this an issue last night? Because I was drinking Red Bull/vodkas. Red Bull has EXTREMELY high amounts of the fructose. I had almost two full cans of Red Bull, rather right before bedtime. So bedtime went from12AM to 1AM to 3AM to...I tried to sleep, got up and journaled. Tryed to sleep again, got up and got Maalox and a glass of water. Tried to sleep again, got up and moved to the couch where I slept fitfully for 4 hours or so. I felt better after 7 AM when I got up to use the bathroom and drink yet more water. Slept until 10 but then got up because, seriously, it's getting too hot in my room by then to be in the bed. It's damned hot in the Twin Cities this week, and will be nigh on 100 F by the end of th week. YUCK.

I'm heading to DC for a family reunion this weekend. It will reach 90 there, but should be nice lakeside. Hopefully I'll get to play in the lake this weekend. Swimming, sunbathing, cooler air; all would be nice . Still, 90 is better than 100 and where I'll be staying has A/C. Much happieness. Here there is only bags of frozen veggies, shopping, and the library to keep cool.

I think I'll go see if laying in the hammock is any cooler than moving about the house.

No comments: