Monday, July 24, 2006

Oops

I've been so good lately about posting, and now I've waited 10 days again. Two weekends ago was a family reunion back home. It was a fun time, but very hot - 102 degrees. There was some shade to be had, but ich. Still, it was good to see people and meet some I didn't know. Before we headed over there, my cousin Jill and I went swimming for a few hours. She is 7 mo. pregnant, and the water feels nice, less weight on the body. I'll be headed back that way in two weeks for her baby shower.

This past week was my first week of actual work. There is a lot to learn, and I feel I'm not learning it quickly enough. I have a LOT of training to do...at least 40 - 50 hours, and that's without retention time added in. With that, and out of house trainings, and meetings, and etc. I'd say I have another month or so of hard learning. Still, it feels good to be challenged, and my supervisor is really understanding about it all. Monday of last week I met some people at Blarney's pub for 6 dollar pitchers, pool, darts, and karaoke. Katie and I rocked the house with "I Will Survive" and gave "Shoop" our best effort. It was cool to go celebrate, even if it was a weeknight :)

This weekend was uber busy as well. Friday night I went to a house party, Saturday I volunteered at the Raptor Center, which may become a semi-normal thing, the went shopping with Katie for pretties, and then went out dancing. I only made it til 1:15 out though, too hot and tired. Then yesterday I went outdoor climbing, climbed three routes all the way to the top (I've not been outdoor climbing in ages and ages!) , and bruised my toes really really badly. They are black and blue under my toe nails. Ouch. After that I came back here, had dinner out, and went for a walk. Poof! Weekend gone.

Now it's back to the grindstone. All weekend I was like, "shit! Have I done my homework? What am I forgetting??!" It's going to take a while to get used to the ole 9-5. Or, in my case either 7-4 or more likely 7:30 to 4:30...

No comments: