Monday, December 31, 2007

Drop the ball!

It's New Year's Eve, at least according to my calendar. It's half past 5, and I'm tired. Perhaps I should nap before heading out to tonight's festivities?? As per past year tradition, I will be spending the waning hours of the year with friends, at a friends house, playing games and watching movies and being generally silly and fun. There will be jibing, and joking, and telling of tales, and this year I'll even get that first kiss just after the bell tolls 12 (I certainly hope, anyway).

I promised to share some of my resolutions in the last post, so here they are:**
  • I resolve to keep my desk clean at work, and hide my spoon every night.
    (this is to prevent it from being 'cleaned up' and thus causing me to purloin a new spoon from the cafeteria)
  • I resolve to keep my bird feeders full and my feathered friends happy.
  • I resolve to make a budget for myself and the house, and stick to it (boring one this, but it has to be done).
  • I resolve to get. rid. of. the. ugly. grey. landscaping. rock! It's not really ugly, I just don't want it. Lance says he does, YAY!
  • I resolve to hang things on the walls of my house.
  • I resolve to clean and organize the shed and the garage, and to get rid of the washer, dryer, and range that are taking up space. (Anyone need an appliance? They are cheap for the asking!)
  • I resolve to spend many relaxing and enjoyable hours on my motorcycle in the nice, non- snowy/salty/sandy streeted months
  • I resolve to redo the landscaping and plant a veggie garden (this is a multi year resolution!)
  • I resolve to hit the softball to the green-grass!
  • I resolve to improve my golfing handicap.
  • I resolve to eat ice cream whenever possible (we all know that resolving to eat it less will NOT happen!)
  • I resolve to renew old frienships, make new ones, and treasure special times.
So, how's that for a list of New Year's resolutions?? I'll have to print those somewhere and put check marks next to them so I don't miss anything. (Yes, I'm a list girl... AND proud of it!)

Happy 2008 everyone. May blessings come your way, and happiness find you often!


**resolutions subject to change without notice, see Tricia for further details

No comments: