Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More Birdies!!!

I saw Orioles in my yard! Two of this this morning, and they were fighting over the really cool feeder I put out! It has a space for nectar, a space for grape jelly (that's their favorite in my backyard), and a place to skewer an orange half. They are so bright. They remind me of my car...

Also, the female cardinal has been hanging out in our yard.

We took a walk at the Ravine Park last night, and we saw a cardinal, a song sparrow, heard lots of chickadees, and birds I don't know, and saw many ravens. We also saw two skeletons. One, the front half of a deer including lower mandible, neck vertebrae and ribs. Second one, back vertibrae, pelvis and one leg. Maybe, but probably not two haves of the same animal. Leg still have fur on it, so did the lowerest part of the mandible (chin) on the other one. The rest was picked clean. The scientist in me enjoyed looking at them, I even poked at them with a stick!. I also saw lots of deer tracks, and two chipmunks fighting. It was a bit breezy, but a really nice walk otherwise. We'll have to make better use of that park in the future.

No comments: