Sunday, December 27, 2009

Almost the end of the decade...

We are less than a week to the end of 2009, and the first decade of the 2000 era. Hrm. Makes a person think, doesn't it? In my own personal little history, it makes me reflect on the first almost three decades of my life. All doldrums aside....it's been a pretty good first 1/3 of my life.

But, as it's also almost new year's eve, I got to thinking about resolutions, and hopes for 2010. I do have a few resolutions:
  1. Get Fit.
  2. Landscape my front yard a bit more to my liking.
  3. Eat healthier by cooking more at home, specifically try one brand new recipe a week for 52 weeks.
  4. MAKE, and eat more ice cream.
Fit. I changed the title of this blog, and it's purpose sometime last year. I got the ball rolling, and then it rolled to a stop. There wasn't a wall or a hill that stopped it....more of a loss of momentum. So I need to get back on track. Specific goal is to go to the Y my 12 times a month 10 of 12 months this year. I'd say 12 of 12, but that is entitlement....W/ trips and such, I'm hoping to hit 10. So, guest passes, friends with Y passes...this is a call to action. Classes, lifting weights, training for races...let's hop to... I can do it alone, but I'd love company when I go.

Landscaping the front yard. I really, really hate that very small rock. It will take some time, some preplanning before spring, and some muscle to get rid of it, but I want to at least make a DENT this spring/summer/fall. Along with that I'd like to reclaim my grass from the weeds that are my lawn, and make sure my garden(s) flourish again this year!

Eating better...sigh. Part of getting fit, but hard to do with limited time. So, this year I will find the time to make dinner. I started this week. Today I made a menu for the week. Tomorrow I will go shopping for things I need for the rest of the week. This week's new recipe: Spiced pork loin w/ peaches. The rest of the week has recipes to use up what is in the cabinets and offset w/ some other things.

Last year I resolved to eat more ice cream. I failed miserably! I didn't eat more, I barely ate any! But, there is hope! For my birthday this year I have been given an ice cream maker as a present, and so far I have made two batches ice cream. This bodes well for next year's resolution... Make and Eat more ice cream!

ANd now, I have been up way to long, have to go to work tomorrow after a week off, it's time to go to bed.

No comments: