Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The best laid plans...

...never survive the first encounter!

My menu (dinner meals): original - what happened
Monday: pasta and maranara - check!
Tuesday: tacos - did't happen, ended up going caving and eating two wonderful meals at a friend's parent's house (not out to eat, good!)
Wednesday: short ribs and egg noodles plus veg - we'll see, but as I have a 5:30 appointment 30 minutes from my house and these take 3 hours in the slow cooker....I'm thinking we'll adjust to leftovers or frozen pizza
Thursday: leftovers plus apps at New Year's parties - if we eat the leftovers tonight, we'll do the tacos tomorrow so we're full enough we don't gorge on apps
Friday: Chicken pizza - NEW RECIPE! - I have off, this should happen
Saturday: Pot roast & fixins' w/ homemade bread and homemade ice cream for dessert
Sunday: Spiced pork loin w/ peach sauce - NEW RECIPE! (also a starch and veg)

Friday - Sunday breakfast/lunch meals w/ be eggs and toast or french toast or pancakes. Generally make one meal at brunch and then have dinner.

I think I need to work on eating more fish and turkey and lean meat.... I have a fish cookbook...some of those 52 new recipes are going to be fishy!

No comments: