Monday, August 26, 2002

T-minus one week and closing on the school starting again. Soon I will be in my senior year of college, and worrying about just what it is I want to do with the rest of my life. Too bad I can’t just become independently wealthy, or win the lottery. I could marry a rich man, but where’s the fun in that, and I don’t know any that are my age, single, and of the type I could get along with for the rest of my life. I think I’m going back to my other idea, the one where I invent something useful and become rich, and then don’t have to work at annoying jobs, and can just own a bookstore or something! I still have to purchase my books for this semester. Can you believe what books cost? I have one that is “optional” but of course all the homework will be from there. Used it is 80 dollars—USED. I am not buying a precious gem here for cripes sake! Nor am I buying the forest that the tree used to make the pages of my book was cut out of. I’m buying one book, about 200 pages, with little amounts of black ink on it. Tops it should cost me about 25 dollars. GRRRRRRRRRR. Consider that this weeks rant. Books are too expensive. I’ll write a disseration on it later when I’m not trying to pack all my stuff for the move I have to make to my new apt at the end of the week. I’m going to go crash into my bed for a few hours now. Goodnight and merry book hunting! (bang---got one)

No comments: