Saturday, August 03, 2002

Well, I’m now officially done with my Dreamweaver 4: Basics class, so I should be a basics pro right? Maybe. I am good with many things, but I really need to sit down and play with it to make it all work. I don’t know how to do forms yet, or some of the other…more advanced stuff…but I’m learning. I really enjoy this. I think I am wasted as an engineer. I should go into web design and web editing and such. Of course, I’m in the wrong program and wrong school for that…but, yeah. Maybe I’ll just put it on my resume, and go find a job where I get to play on the computer all day ;-) or maybe not.

AHHH! Don’t you hate those people in class that have to ask inane questions just to try to get the teachers attention? We had two of them in there this time. One of them was the, “I can’t watch you click a mouse on the projector screen and follow along on my computer because that is just too difficult for my little brain to handle” people. The other was a “I’m going to ask lots of stupid questions to get attention, and get into trouble a lot so I need help cause I think the assistant student worker is hot” type. GRRRRRR!!! In a perfect world they would make a class for these types of people. It would not be called Dreamweaver 4:Basics, but rather, Dreamweaver 4 for the Computationally Impaired…or maybe “for those who need their hands held while working with a computer.” Now before anyone goes and gets onto a soapbox about the need for me to be all Politically Correct, let me tell you something else. I have no problem with those who are genuinely trying to learn, and really are struggling with the software. They get extra help from the assistant quietly where needed, and ask important, and intelligent questions. It is only the attention seekers and the true idiots of the world that I am aiming this tirade at. Deep down, you have all felt this way before. They are the proverbial “that guy” in the class. (If you don’t know who “that guy” is, he is describe above generally, and in thermodynamics classes you get to burn him through a wall with hot fluid) ((If you still don’t get it, contact me, and we’ll chat))

Otherwise, the class was fun, and I did learn a lot, even though I had to use a fisher price computer. I kept looking for the little plastic lever I got to pull in order to make the little plastic coin come out of the slot. But alas, it was well hidden from my perusal. **Pause here to swat at a bug bothering me in my room. One of those Asian beetles has invaded, you know, the ones that look like ladybugs but bite and are pests and aren’t. Ok, I think I killed it. Back to blogging** I started a web site for work today, using my knowledge of the Dreamweaver, when it is done I will direct everyone too it. Oh well. The night is very old, and I am tired from the golfing I did today and biking to work and getting up early. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: