Monday, January 20, 2003

It's the night before classes begin, and I'm really confused. I don't feel like classes are going to start tomorrow. There is none of that anticipation, the feeling that something new and different is about to happen. There is no picking out my outfit for tomorrow, no caring who new will be in my classes. None of it. I suppose I've been so busy these last two weeks with work and friends that I just didn't notice the day sneaking up on me, but it'd be pretty hard to miss. I think I've begun to reach my school saturation level. This is a bad thing. I usually get this way about 3/4 way into a semester not the first day. I'll have to make sure I work hard at school and don't let my grades slip at all. I have a lot to get done this semester, and maybe that is why I feel this way. I have senior design to finish, and I feel that it will be hard to do. I have my Rhet class to work on, and I have an IDL class I have three months to finish, and I won't have too much of my weekends to work with. I have a directed studies class which will be much out of class work. I still have 4 jobs I'm working at and between them I'll be putting in about 30 hours of work a week. Good for money, bad for studies. I also have a couple groups of people who I'm friends with who differing things on the weekend and I have to be able to do all of them! I go to shows with Chris and other people we both know. I go to hockey games with Beth and other people we know, and Now I go climbing and skating with Will and Lance and Erin. Then there is hanging with the roommates, and chilling with Katie when I go visit her, which I will this semester, and chillin in Green Bay with people there, and I have to get to Madison this semester, and there are other people here in the cities that I chill with. I know that if I'm not careful I'll end up burning out this semester.

So here's to this semester, may it be good, and great, and may I find the time to get everything done! Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments: