Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Second day of classes is over, and yet more homework was given. I have to work on it, but I think I'll take a nap or something first. I have to clean the house again, and I have to work on work for work...(wow, yeah...um, wow), I was up late last night working on my journal, which I've promised myself I would write in everyday even if it's to say "I'm tired and can't write more than these words".

My whole body aches. I was skating last night, and I am good at falling! I think i managed to bruise something vital. I woke up this morning very sore. It was the good kind of sore though. The kind where you are happy to be achy cause you know that you were working out and getting in shape. (the bruises are pride wounds, and I'm happy about each of them! And yes, I realize I'm a bit off my rocker for thinking this!) I'm going to go skating again tonight, even though it is more than a little cold! It will make me stronger. And I will probably fall even more. This time though, I will have done 10, count them, 10 turns from frontwards to backwards off of my left skate in a clockwise direction!!!. (I'm not all that specific, really) I am going to work on stopping on my left skate too. I don't ask for much. Speed skating and power turns will probably be worked on as well. Not that you care what I'm goign to work on, or the play by play of my cold evening outdoors, but it's my blog and I can write what I want!

So far, classes are nice. Senior design won't be as hectic, Neiber's Water Management Engineering seems to be a lot of stuff I've seen before, and Ecology has a cool prof and not to hard of material, even though it's a lot of reading. I don't know about Rhetoric yet....we'll see from 5:30 to 8PM tomorrow night! I talked to Prof. Shutske about the Safety and Ethics Special Problems for 3 credits I'm taking with him, and we'll meet mondays from 1-2:30 so that is nice, only an hour and a half and it will probably be really independent. A few others from the dept. are going to take it with me so we can facilitate discussions and the like. Should be interesting and fun (I hope). So, this semester isn't going to be as bad as I feared. Oh, I'm sure that it won't go as fast as I want it to, and way faster than it should, but that happens every semeseter, expecially in spring. I can't believe I'll be done in 2 semesters. I think I'll pull the blankets over my head, and shut out the world. I don't want to think about a real joba nd a non college apartment and the rest of my life at this point. It's depressing. So I'll just pretend I'll be a student with my summers off forever as long as I can.

Well, I'm in a writing mood and I have so much I could say, but I think I have written enough for right now. I am going to work on some poetry, and see if I can't figure out the last two lines of lyrics that I wrote down...somewhere,...and I know the idea of, but just can't THINK of right now!!!. There is also a new poem or song floating about my head just itching to be written on paper. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: