Monday, August 16, 2004

As promised, more details of this weekend

Wow, what a fast weekend! I had so much to do, I can hardly believe I finished it all.

Let's see. Friday I did my volunteering in the morning. Then, about 1 Katie and I left St. Paul. We found some traffic, so we didn't get out of town as fast as we'd like. We made lunch stop (cause I was starving) and then drove all the way to GB. Once in GB I found another car, and drove to meet my parents on the property. Spent the evening making big fires, eating 'sacrificed' hot dogs, and making smores. And the STARS!!!! wow

Saturday I was able to sleep in, then I joined my parents on the property for some cutting wood fun. We hauled two pickup loads of firewood over to the campsite, and then went to destroy some bad gypsy moths who had taken up residence in one of the apple trees. We went for some lunch then, and came back to the campsite to make a nice fire and enjoy the afternoon. I left there about 3 or so and headed back to GB. When I got back, I found out Katie hadn't gone running yet that day, so she and I did a nice run to the park and back before I went home to get ready for the class reunion.
The reunion
It was something I wasn't really worried about going or anything, I just was undecided about actually going. I didn't know if I wanted to see those people again. Still, there were those who I had lost contact with for one reason or another, and hoping to make contact with them again, I went. I was pleasantly suprised. I chatted with a lot of people, even the ones I barely said 'boo' to when I was in high school. I did reconnect with the majority of the people I wanted too, and for some of the others, it was nice to hear what they are doing. It was also a nice gage for me to see if I'd been 'successful' in the last 5 years. Overall, we're all doing a variety of things, from work to school to lazing about to raising families, but most people seemed happy with where they were. I know I am. The reunion was held at a bar, so after it was over, I just met Katie and Shelly out at said bar to have a drink and chat. We met some guys and we chilled w/ them at various bars for the rest of the night.

Sunday I was able to sleep in a bit and then did some laundry (which I forgot in the dryer at home, damn it!) and then I went to dinner with the family before heading to Katie's graduation party. It was a great time. Got to see lots of more peoples, and Katie seemed to have a good time too--which is the important thing. Went swimming, and didn't freeze to death, catch pneumonia, or become hypothermic. Wow, the way this summer is going, that's almost a miracle. Then after the party, Katie and I loaded her car, and headed back to the Cities.

You see. Very busy weekend. Now hopefully I can recoup in time for this coming Saturday's festivities.

No comments: