Saturday, August 28, 2004

Pete and Repeat went out in a boat. Pete fell in, who was left???

Yeah, we all know. Repeat. As in repeat my idiocy of last summer. Though this time the reasons were a bit different. But, the results were the same. So, are you all wondering what I have repeated?

I managed to fall down on my rollerblades again. Yup. I managed to skin open the same places as last year. My whole lower left leg, my upper (way upper) thigh of my left leg, and I managed to catch my right elbow as well. Would you like to hear the best part?!? I was TEN MILES from my car when it happened. 10 miles. And on a straight trail that it wasn't an option to have my companion go get the car. So, I got up, washed out as much of the dirt and rocks as I could w/ the water we brought along, and took off towards my car. (I had already skated the 11 miles out, we were returning) The stinging wasn't as bad while skating as it was while stopped though, and by mile 18 I was feeling my knees and back more than my new cuts and bruises...but still.

It happened because I didn't see a pile of wet leaves til it was too late. I was learning how to draft in a pace line, so I was about 1 foot behind the guy in front of me. When he yelled watch out, I didn't react fast enough. Oh well....live and learn I guess. At least this time the wounds are nearly as bad as last time. Oh they still hurt, and I won't be wearing jeans or tight pants or tight shirts for a while...but at least it isn't oozing as bad. And if I can do 10 miles on it when it's fresh, I can certainly do another hour and a half ride tomorrow...which is the plan.

At least it was a good workout, since the guy from work I was skating with is a whole foot taller than me!! And tomorrow I'm going out w/ a biker, so I get to play catch-up again. Sheesh!

No comments: