Wednesday, August 11, 2004

BRRRR

Ok, where did the summer go? I mean, really! It's 62 outside. That would be fine if it were 3Am not almost 3PM! It's summer, and while I do not particularily appreciate extreme heat, I do rather enjoy not having to wear sweaters to be warm. I like cold weather. It's great. Fall is one of my favorite seasons (also when I was born, but that is besides the point) and I enjoy spring as well. I just prefer that seasons happen when they are supposed to. This is not Monty Python! There will be no 'giving summer a miss' here. We've had, what, 1-2 weeks of real summer weather so far this season?

By writing this, I am not inviting the realm of heat to invade our little city. I just want weather that will make me happy to be outside. I will save wearing the sweaters and wool socks for two months from now, thanks. So I ask you, if you are the one who stole our hot weather, please bring it back. If you place it in the box at the front of the day, where the sun can pick it up, noone will fault you.

No comments: