Monday, September 20, 2004

...And Stretch.

Oh, I'm a bit sore. Not so bad though, because I did train, but eep...I'll train harder for next year. But I so happy I did it, not just to prove to myself I could, but because I set a goal and attained it. I finished in 1:46:58, and my goal was to finish in under 2 hrs. My other goals, not falling, and getting to the start on time, also were attained.

So at the award ceremony, my brother is looking at the times that won the Rec division. Suddenly he announces, "I could beat these times." I looked at him, and I thought to myself, "yup, he could...hmmm" and a plan formed. So, for next year, he's gonna do it, and we're gonna train to do a speed line together. we hope to get at least one more who can go that fast (finish around 1:20) so that he wins overall rec. and I win women's rec. Sound impossible? Well, I thought me doing a marathon in anything was gonna be hard, but I actually had quite a bit of energy left at the end...so who knows how fast I can go. Oh, and of course I'll be souping up my skates for next year (not new ones...yet...but definately better/bigger wheels and better bearings).

Good times. Now to lose 15 lbs, get a bike, find some goggles and do the swimming and the biking for cross training. Oh, and don't forget the skate skies and classic style XC skies...oh, and the downhill skies! Gotta have something for cross training!

I'll get a pic of me up as soon as I have one.

No comments: