Thursday, July 14, 2005

Weekends to come and weekends past

In two days, two of my good friends are getting married. It’s amazing how time flies. I remember all the way back to when they started dating as though it were just this last year, but it’s been years. I get to be the Best Person. Being that I’m not a man, I can’t be the Best Man. Still, I’ve never before had the opportunity to stand up in someone else’s wedding, and I’m excited. I have to make a toast at dinner, I think I’m going to wing it, and I have to hold onto the rings and not lose them long enough for them to actually get married. These are fun tasks J

Last weekend I got to do another best-persony thing…I got to throw the bachelor party. I don’t know many girls who get to do that. We had a great time though, I have to say, I am pretty good at it. Too bad I’ll probably not have another chance at bachelor party throwing. Bachelorette parties, now I’ll probably get to throw and go to a few more of those.

The weekend before that was July 4th weekend. Katie and I headed over to Door County to run in a 5K, which you probably read about on her site since she’s been a better poster than me lately. Ever since then, I have wanted to A. run better/longer/faster cause I suck at it and B. not run at all because it’s been so bloody hot.

I can’t believe that we’re actually having summer this year. It’s been so warm out for the last two weeks. Over 90 for at least the last 5 days, and I’m not certain if we even had a total of 10 days over 90 all summer last year. We have to be over 10 already this year, and the weather people say there isn’t an end to it in sight. I like the heat, I do. I just don’t like having to move around in it. Swimming, yes. Running and rugby and rollerblading and working, oh no. I do believe that I’m actually pining for a nice 65 degree day.

I’m so tired right now from being out in that same weather, that the whole purpose of this post has completely slipped my mind. I started out with a plan, and it’s turned into a random reportation of facts and events. I don’t promise more creativity later, but I can promise more coherence. With that, I think I’ll go lay down…once I leave work that is.

No comments: