Sunday, June 22, 2003

New "Note to Self"...learn to fall

So it seams that Fridays are injury days now. Two weeks in a row, I believe that makes it tradition. Thist time it was a rollerblading accident. I did a good job on myself too. I made it all great and fine 3.75 laps around the lake, and then BOOM. I fell down. I'm not sure how, but I did. It was a very good fall, I impress a bunch of people and lots of people asked "are you alright", to which I promptly replied "yes" even though I wasn't quite sure. I have scraped up most of my left leg and hip, my left sholder, my chin and my left side of face. I also sprained my jaw (although how I did that I'm not sure. I think it had something to do with slamming my chin into the pavement). Before you ask, no I wasn't wearing pads, and had I been, it might have been a different story. I would have fallen in a different fashion. But, the old addage of fall lightly and roll took over, and I didn't break anything, so it must have worked. I have gotten to deal with Urgent Care and such this weekend, they told me that my jaw was not fractured, like the Ask-A-Nurse thought. They bandaged me up, and I went home and sat for the last two days, reading, and being bored. Today I decided to take the bandages off. OUCH! THe bandages liked my leg so much they tried to take up residence on the wounds there. I had a time convincing them to leave, let me tell you! About an hour and many curses later, I had all the "bandage squatters" off my leg and decided to not let any more take up residence. It's caused for an interesting day of dodge any and all things solid with my left side, but it's worked.

I wanted to go climbing and rollerblading tomorrow, I'll see what, if any, I can do. I still have half a floating holiday to use, though if I continue to injure myself on time off, I am going to seriously consider not taking holiday. (yeah right). Oh well, here's to a diet of iced cream, popsicles, and pudding :P

No comments: