Monday, June 16, 2003

Note to self...Learn to Stop

So, I am bruised and cut. I had a head on collision this weekend, with a go-cart. The two guys in front of me were goofing around. They spun out but I didn't see it cause I was trying not to spin out with Chris hitting my left side. I look up and there they are. BAM!!! I hit them at full speed, biting my tongue, thrown into my harness and gashing my knee. It's all bruised (you can't see the bruise so well, it's deep) and cut. Luckily I heal fast. That was friday night. Saturday I hobbled around at my brother's graduation. only about 60 or 70 people were there, but that is still a lot of people. I learned how to make kegs of Red bull Vodka (hehe) from my cousin Moose, as well as how to start bonfires with a tennisball on an arrow...that didn't work so well, funny story, have me tell you sometime. I hope to be there for attempt number 2...maybe I'll even live through it. Sunday I did Father's Day stuff, and then I tried out my rollerblades. Learning to stop=good idea. I just about was killed on Allouez Avenue after attempting to brake the way I would on my old blades. It didn't work so well. I got beeped at, but my theory was, I was already going fast in one direction. It was better to keep going taht way than to try to turn and fall down in the middle of the street. I'll try not to kill myself, I promise.

I'm going to the lake tonight to practice going and stopping some more. It's really hot though, so we'll see how fast I go. My knee will factor into that a bit. It's so hard to be inside when it's so nice out. I cna't wait. 25 min and I'm free! Then it will be go away to the climbing gym time. YAY!!!!

Here's to hoping I don't die sometime tonight:P

No comments: