Friday, July 25, 2003

Boxing Time

No, I don't mean putting on gloves and one of those nice little helmet things, wearing shiney shorts and punching at someone--though there are people out there who I would love to punch right now...I mean boxing for moving. Yes, my dears, it's that time again. I have a new place, about a mile from my old place, that is really cute. Third floor though, which presents some problems when moving. Older house, so nice little stairways-narrow, dark, and tight turns, and steep, but I'll perservere. Yesterday I moved to shelving things, my sweaters, my winter clothes, and two boxes that were in the front closet being stored. Along with some of my books and my bathroom stuff. Tonight I plan on moving more of my clothes, my shoes, and some of my desk stuff, along with the dishes from the kitchen that we don't need, and maybe an end table or two. If I don't get it moved tonight, it will be at least ready to move tomorrow. I'm not a huge fan of moving out of a place, but moving into the new place and organizing it for the first time and deciding where to put everything and what new stuff I need is always fun.

Tomorrow my parents are coming with my new double bed and a dresser (new to me, but actually gifted me by my aunt). I'll move what I didn't move today over there tomorrow, and then we'll go out to dinner and to the fireworks. Tonight I'm either going to Ribfest, or I'm going to a movie, or I'm staying in. I should go out though...have fun with my friends-those that actually call me and want to do things with me anyway. We'll see what happens. It will be a busy day tomorrow, and sunday is shaping up to be busy as well. I may go to a movie then-I want to see Seabiscuit-and I have Archery.

Should be a weekend full of fun, and maybe (depending on things) I'll get to do some of that other boxing as well...

No comments: