Sunday, July 27, 2003

Sleeping Time

I moved ALL weekend!!! My (old) apartment still looks like a bomb was dropped, or a toddler was allowed to run pell-mell through the place, but a significant amount of the moving was done. Rachel and my bedroom at the old place is empty, except for the trash on the floor. The bathroom has not much of our stuff left, and I'm blogging this sitting cross-legged in the office as my desk moved to the other apartment already. I didn't move my computer though, because I don't have internet over there. We moved some of the kitchen stuff and some of the food, but forgot a few essencial things. We made pasta salad-our first real meal at the new place...but didn't have a strainer for the noodles, so had to get creative. We put carrots and cucumber in it, but didn't have a peeler, so had to use the paring knife. Again-creativity. In all, I moved my new double bed and dresser into the place, all my clothes, most of my computer/office stuff except the actual computer, a couch, a futon, and helped move Rachel's stuff into the new place. I moved a bed, a table, a bike, and a lamp and a TV into the truck to go home. I then had to start the unpacking and putting away, as well as the reorganization...cause things just never want to stay where you put them to start with. My body is sore and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my new bed for the first time.

The rest of the weekend was fun to though! Saturday after moving, my parents, Rachel and her mom, and I all went to Kieran's for dinner, then walked through Ribfest, and then went to the Target Fireworks. Target handed out these little "3-D" style glasses, cept they weren't for makin things 3-D. When you put them on and looked at the lights, the light got a halo of a target. Still they were fun and did make the fireworks different. They were great and laster for a long time. Today was mostly just moving. I wanted to go see Seabiscuit today...but that didn't work out. Oh well, some other time.

This coming weekend, Jenny, Katie, Natasha and I will go with Jenni to look for bride's maids dresses. It will be fun to all be in town together. This coming week between-not sure what I'm doing. I do know it will be fun going between the two apartments picking up stuff, leaving the stuff that others need for a while, forgetting stuff and buying stuff we need. And I need to find out where we bring our trash...

Internet use will therefore be sporatic for a bit. I'll have internet all day at work, and will check it at least once a night, but I don't know if I'll be on as much as I have been. BUt never fear, cause I will soon have internet at my new place, and I can put my computer back on a desk and go to town!

No comments: