Monday, July 21, 2003

Even More Weekend Fun

This weekend was fun! I went to Door County for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party. Thursday night I was in Green Bay though, and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean again with Katie. Avast! She be a good movie. Friday I slept in and then went to Door County with my Dad and we went out to fish with my Uncle Bob, Aunt Peggy, Aunt Ann, Aunt Joanie, and Aunt Eunie. I had the cajon salmon and it was Delish! Then we went back to Aunt Joanie's place . Dad and I went and walked the property, and after I palyed Spinner (kinda like dominos) and Rummikub (rummy on little tiles) for a few hours with the Aunts. Saturday I was up at 6, but stayed in bed til 7:30. Then I was up, and eating breakfast, and going to the Carlsville Parade (this, by the way, is funny cause Carlsville is a blink-and-you-miss-it town. The parade was about 8 vehicles long, but it was still fun, and they all threw candy at us) It was Carlsville days, and after the Parade, my cousin Paul, his fiance Tricia(Yes, I will soon have a cousin with my name and the correct spelling), his mom Deb, and his sister Tiff with her husband Greg all went to the winery to do the free wine tasting, and then to the little booth shops set up. After shopping it was back to Aunt Joans to shower and change for the party and then the party. (don't you just love the play-by-play?!)

When the party began to wind down I left to go back to GB with my Bro. I called a Shona and we went riding. I rode Molly, her oldest. She rode Slammer, her middle horse. They are both Saddlebreds. They both like to go. I can ride either, but I prefer Molly at this point, cause my seat isn't as good as it could be, and Slammer requires constant attention and a good seat and patience and...well--he's a handful. I was bucked off him a year and a half ago cause a car pulling a sailboat decided it would be fun to honk at us. It was a good ride though, 2 or more hours of trails and the road. Moslty trotting and a bit of Cantering with walking at the beginning and end. Angel, her third horse, is still really green. I'll have to try her sometime when I've had a bit more riding than once or twice a year (which will be soon, since I refuse to be going half a year to a year between rides anymore!!!). She's a Saddlebred-Morgan. All three are beautiful animals. I had a great time. I can't wait to go back.--probably about a month from now.

Saturday night I went out to the bars on Washington with Katie, and we played darts. Then we were bored with the bar scene. We didn't have the patience for it that night....We saw someone hit someone elses car and played the nice people by writing down the license plate number of the hitter and giving it to the hittee. Then we went back to Katies and watches some Inuyasha(and I'm sure I'm spelling that one wrong...but it's a pretty cool anime that is sometimes on Cartoon Network).

Sunday I woke up early, visited with my friend Joe and showed him the trip pics, and then took a nap before heading back to the cities. All in all it was a nice and relaxing weekend...though I am a bit sore from riding today. My poor lower regions... :P

No comments: