Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Sun and Storms

It was again a hectic, and fun weekend. I drove back to Green Bay w/ Chris, and we got into town about dinner time on Friday. He and Katie and I went out for dinner, and then I went home, talked to the parents and their friends, and then changed and went out to the martini bar in town. I had a chocolate covered cherry martini. Pretty good. It was crowded and loud in the bar, and there was no eye candy to distract me from the hives I got thursday night and still had Friday night, so we left and went to our homes. Early night, but I stayed up reading to make sure I didn't wake up too early :P

Saturday I did laundry and reformatted my parents computer (one problem, I forgot to download the modem drivers before I left the cities, so they don't have internet access right now. Mom has it at work, so we're kosher til I get home with the new modem and drivers for their computer. We went north in the afternoon to work on the property, well walk on it anyway. It turned out to be a glorious day, and walking was fun. I tripped in a few gopher/badger/prairie dog/ground squirrel holes...I didn't see the critter, so I can't tell you what made them. They're new this year though. Later on we saw a bunch of deer sign, and tracks. After we left, we saw a wolf lope onto the property, and a red-shouldered hawk. It was indeed a good day.

Sunday was a frantic attempt to download drivers at my mom's workplace, only to learn that the program to unzip them was too big for the floppy disks I had, and they had no burner, and none of the computers had a zip drive....Chris and I left Green Bay by noon to get to a good local rock show in the cities. MAN! it was one windy drive back. I few times it felt as though my car was lifted up by some invisible hand and set in the other lane, w/out me doing anything.

The show rocked, but it was pretty rushed. Each band got a 30 min set, and two rooms were going at the same time. It was still good fun, I hadn't seen Seconds Before or Align lived yet. About 7 or so we took a break and ran upstairs to get a drink, and that's when we realized it was storming. Really storming. I wished the place had reentry so I could go out and play in the rain and puddles, and then come back in for the last band. I'm sure noone would have wanted to stand by me, but it would have left me plenty of room to watch dna! I love playing in the rain, next time I'm gonna get drenched!

No comments: