Wednesday, May 05, 2004

And the beat marched on

The raindrops are goign splitter splatter outside the window, I can't hear them, but I know that sound well. The pace is frantic, and the noise is probably a bit squishy, from the water that hasn't drained off the sidewalk to make room for the next drop to fall from grace. Inside the tempo of coworkers talking, phones ringing, and people walking by my desk sets a more relaxed tempo, one of monotony. Inside my head, my thoughts are swirling around in a whirlpool. Get this done, make sure you have that with you, here is the deadline, etc...

It's finals time again. I feel I should write a poem or an epigram. I am just not so inclined. The beat of time marches on, and for once, I'm content to just sit her and let it sweep me up. I'll finish my paper tonight, after dark sometime, it's due tomorrow. I'm hoping there will be a thunderstorm so I can take a break and go play in the rain. I have a final next Wednesday in O-chem. I really should study, but I think I'll wait to worry about that til next monday or tuesday. Yup, I'm rather relaxed this time around. Relaxed or lazy or just stuck in a well of contentment and monotony that this week is like the one before and the one after, and I don't have to worry about it, just do what I do, and spend most of my time daydreaming.

That's where I have been the last two weeks...daydreaming and reading. I'm sure I have been doing other things-like visiting Jenni in St. Cloud (great times), and chillin w/ friends in the cities, and other stuff. But right now, with my belly full of food, and a good CD playing and another 3.5 hrs of monotonous work and meetings in front of me, I'm content to just daydream, and do data entry stuff, and drink my koolaid. A nap would be nice too.

No comments: