Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Ticket? What ticket?!?

So, Sunday night, while Jenny and I were eating food at the Old spaghetti Factory I was blissfully unaware of the parking ticket lurking under the dripping, squishy windshield wiper-blade on my car. Oh, I knew about the possibility of a ticket, since the meter was broken in that lot, and so we couldn't do much about actually purchasing our parking, thus receiving the necessary receipt, as to avoid a parking ticket in the first place. But, I din't have the receipt, so I got the ticket. $50 dollars, but only $25 if you pay within 72 hrs. Kind of them, huh?

Personally, I didn't feel I should pay to park in a location where the pay-meter is broken. It's not my fault I can't pay, so they should give free parking til it's been fixed. I mean, there is limited parking downtown, and I can't be expected to try to find a different lot, farther away, just because this parking company doesn't have the manners to let me pay to park on their little piece of paved ground! Sheesh, what a privilege it was too, let me tell you. At least their little piece of paved ground was closer to the restaurant, and it was raining, so I didn't move my car.

So, I have this ticket, and I don't want to pay. I have been trying to get ahold of them since Sunday about it. But every time I called, the message would say "we're closed, call back between 8:30 and 4:30 pacific time. So I would, but they would still be closed (yesterday). Perhaps this company participates in random bank holidays, which would necessitate closing their doors, in California?!? (I think they were just lazy). Today, I finally reached the 'nice' receptionist. After explaining my problem, she put me on hold, only to tell me she would recend it this time, but next time I have to pay in the pay lot, or go somewhere else. DUH! I would have paid if I could, and I'm to lazy to go somewhere else. Since they took care of my problem, I didn't suggest that if they acquire a working meter. After all, they're making more money off tickets than paying customers anyway, or at least that is my guess.

No comments: