Thursday, June 10, 2004

Whee!

I went running last night, and I ran a lot faster than my pace! I went w/ Kris, and her pace is so very much faster than my pace. 2 mph in fact (which is a lot when running) and so I ran 2.5 miles at her pace, then I walked around for abit while she ran another 1.5 mile lap, and then we ran home. I went another mile and just faster than my 'old' pace, but it wasn't quite as fast as her pace either. Yippee!

So, to answer my old post, I went to the movie and figured out the shrunken head. It was a good movie; they left a lot out from the book though. Still, I enjoyed it, and look forward to the fourth movie.

Tonight I get the joyful tasks of doing paperwork, and going grocery shopping. I told Kris we should go rollerblading today (last night), but I have since changed my mind. I went climbing, for a walk, and for a run on Sunday; climbing and for a walk on Monday; for a walk tuesday; climbing and for a run on Wednesday. I think it's time to settle down and take a day off. Or, maybe I could do situps and such today? Nah. I'm really getting myself into the groove though. I feel icky if I don't work out. Like, not quite w/ the world unless I've done something active for the day. Now I need to alter my diet, and we'll actually be on our way to getting in the shape I've wanted to be in for the last few years, and been to lazy or complacent to do. Go me!

Now, if I keep it up, I might actually NOT look likea fool in the Fourth of July run that I'm doing. It's 5K, and I'm doing it to get my uncle and brother off my back about it, since I've been telling htem for a few years that I would do it with them. I just hope they don't pack up the finish line stuff before I get there...talk about nightmares :P I'm trying to go faster, I might even not be last if I keep this up!

No comments: