Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The sky is falling, Chicken Little!

Well, the ceiling is anyway. I went to work, and was having a good day, got lots done, and came home about 4. Walked in the door to my apartment and just stared. It looked like a mini ground zero in there. Plaster and sheet rock everywhere, like a mini bomb had just gone off. Then I looked at the wall/ceiling. The slanted part was missing a 7.5 by 4 foot section of plaster, that was now on the floor. And, another 8foot by 3 foot section was about to come down. I got out the broom, swept up the stuff on the floor, and left the stuff on the counter (I was NOT about to go under said about to fall section to clean up the other stuff).

Later last night, the second section fell. My toaster is full of plater, so is the foreman grill and the oven, and the counter and floor are scratched. I'm glad I don't own this building, and I'm just renting...but still?!!? Since when do ceilings fall down? Eep.

Oh, but the best news about this is, there is a section in my bedroom just about to fall. So I spent late last night moving my computer and my bookcase and hoping that the fallout wouldn't include where I'd be sleeping.

They're at my house today (the maintainence men) to redo the kitchen, and they'll redo my bedroom while they are at it. But sheetrocking is messy, and I'm NOT looking forward to cleaning up their mess when they are done! AND I just cleaned! Ugh.

(PS, my roommate's car battery was dead when she tried to start her car last night as well.)

No comments: