Friday, April 29, 2005

Now that I’ve shown you the plan, I’m going to go…

And show the plan to somebody else. Well, I did it. Wednesday of this week I booked my airfare on Air New Zealand for 2 weeks. I will be headed to Anaheim on the 21st, and then late the 25th (11:30 pm!!!) I’ll leave LAX for New Zealand. I’ll get to NZ at 7:15 AM NZT on the 27th (Friday). Then, let the fun begin. I went out and borrowed a Lonely Planet travel guide from the library for both Auckland and New Zealand. I will be perusing them this weekend in between homework assignments to decide what exactly I want to do. I can not wait to get there and to see Rachel. It’s been far too long. I will be there till June 8th, then back to Minneapolis.

I still don’t have a summer internship, I have a job, but not an internship…go figure. I’m waiting to hear on some prospects, and will call next week to find out how those are going. In the mean time I have to finish this semester. It’s down to the wire. I have 4 more discussion postings for ethics, one more lab report for lab, a book report and a rewrite for my Applications class, a homework and design project for Ventilation, and then a smattering of presentations to do between now and next Wednesday. I plan on doing a good portion of it today and tomorrow. I have to have the book report done by Sunday at 5 because the library would like their book back. I had to beg to get one more week out of them. Picky picky, it’s not like any one has reserved the stupid thing. Who ever heard of writing a book report in grad school anyway?.

So, I plan on working my buns off between now and next Wednesday, and then celebrating the end of my first year of grad school by going out for a pint at Kieran’s Irish Pub.

No comments: